Field Safety School
isn’t just a clever slogan.
It’s a top-to-bottom Safety program
that has yielded a 15-year average EMR of .70 – even
as we perform work far more complex and dangerous than most
firms ever perform.
Some key elements of ProSafety™
and our current EMR of .80:
- Behavioral-based. We seek to inculcate safe
behaviors, thereby addressing the root causes of injuries.
- Training. Only two percent of all contractors
spend as much on training both in the Field Safety School
and in ProTraining™.
- Planning. Every job starts with a detailed
- Inspection. Nobody else inspects for Safety
the way we do.
- Involvement. With ProSafety™ every
employee works as a Safety officer.
- Relentless improvement. After investigating
an injury caused by a rescue saw, we adopted new Safety
rules. Strikingly, our investigation prompted changes to
both the blade manufacturer’s Safety literature and
our insurance company’s standard protocol for rescue
ProSafety™ integrates perfectly
with Safety programs in industrial plants.
ProSafety™. It’s a key component
of Jungclaus’s ability to deliver lower total project